Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Pink Inukshuk Hat


Forget the sold out red mittens, that's not what Denver wants from the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Everyone wants the pink hat and it's nowhere to be found!

I bought the pink and white striped hat last week at the little gift shop inside the International Broadcast Center. I like pink, I had a 9News jacket that matched it and was having a bad hair day (lots of rain and humidity mixed with curls is never a good thing). I thought it was perfect. I had no idea it would spark a storm of e-mails and Tweets.

It started with an email from Michelle in Greenwood Village: "Susie - I was watching the 4:00pm news cast and was watching you from the Olympics. I am very interested in where you got the pink beanie. I love it. Any help on where I can get that would be great."

Then came an email to our Web Team from Laura: "Can you tell me where Susie got her pink and white Olympic hat?"

Soon another email from Nick: "Hi Susie, My wife loves your pink hat! I assume you got it at the Olympics? I am scouring websites trying to find it and I'm not having any luck. Would you mind giving me some details about it so that I might be able to find one for her?"

And then there were the Tweets: @susiewargin Where did you get the pink striped Vancouver hat you wore last night (with your pink jacket)? I LOVE IT! Now I'm on a mission!

And there are more. I've tried finding it on the web; the tag says www.vancouver2010.com but it's nowhere to be found in the official store. So, I'm offering to buy them for viewers and bring them back. Last time I checked, the gift shop still had quite a few, but by the time the Games are over, I might have their entire stock!

Just goes to show: you never know what can come from $25 and a bad hair day!

Matt Renoux and I enjoying Opening Ceremonie in the NBC compound

2 comments:

  1. Well...I've always been jealous of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have any of those hats left? if so, i'd be interested in buying one from you.

    ReplyDelete